The Essential Qualities of a U-High Graduate
University High School strives to educate student leaders who are informed, self-reliant, and ethical citizens. Therefore, University High School graduates will:
- Embrace universal ethical principles such as honesty, integrity and justice.
- Respect all people regardless of personal and cultural identity, background, ideologies or abilities.
- Possess the academic knowledge and skills needed to pursue post-secondary learning.
- Value life-long learning.
- Become leaders with the ability to influence the future.
- Demonstrate growth in all domains; intellectual, physical, emotional and social.
- Use a variety of methods and resources (including technology) to locate, evaluate and apply information.
- Think analytically, logically, and creatively, while integrating different experiences and knowledge to form reasoned judgments and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively and creatively using varied modes of expression.
- Value democratic ideals while assuming responsibility for self and others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of global interdependence.
- Possess the collaborative and interpersonal skills needed to be a productive team member.