The Diversity Committee is a standing committee created by Keystone. The purpose of the committee is to monitor student achievement, admissions, school climate and faculty awareness related to the diverse student population, as well as to research diversity issues and develop best practices and policy related to diversity.
- Collect and analyze student achievement data as it relates to diverse students.
- Organize professional development and which addresses curricular and social issues that are the result of student diversity.
- Develop educational opportunities for students which explore issues of diversity.
- Coordinate school support to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
- Promote diversity awareness in the Illinois State University Lab Schools
- U-High faculty, including at least one counselor
- U-High administration
- U-High parents and students
Outcomes and Products:
The committee will create, review, revise and recommend policy to Keystone Council regarding diversity. Minutes from all committee meetings will be submitted to Keystone, as will a final report at the end of the
year. The committee will also be responsible for periodical reviews of student achievement data.
Structure and Procedures:
The Keystone Chairperson will select a committee chair that will be responsible for finding faculty, parents and students who have an interest and are willing to serve. The committee will collaborate with
the administration and the Keystone Council as policy regarding diversity is created, reviewed, revised or recommended.