Monday, May 1
Hamburgers ($2.75) & Cheeseburgers ($3.25)
Tuesday, May 2
Popcorn Chicken & Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy ($4)
Wednesday, May 3
Pasta Bar ($3.75) & Breadsticks ($.50)
Thursday, May 4
Chicken Slider ($1.50)
Friday, May 5
Corn Dog ($2)
Happy birthday today to Chris Cuppini and Katherine Raycraft! Happy birthday this weekend to Maddie Kim and Jade Fung!
Pteronophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers.
Any students interested in performing at this year’s Pioneer Palooza must submit a recording by Tuesday, May 2nd. See Mrs. Corpus if you need additional information.
Seniors please pick up your ballots for senior superlatives from the front office – they are due to Ms. Welter by 12:00pm on Friday April 28th.
All AP Government students from both the fall and spring semester classes, Ms. Pole will be holding AP exam review sessions in room 201 from 2:15 – 4:00 on the following Tuesdays: April 18, April 25, and May 2. Please drop in whenever you are able.
Calling all returning mentors and new mentors: If you would like to be a mentor, please stop by the U-Link for an application. Applications due: April 28th.
The US Army’s Special Operations Semi is coming to U-High on Tuesday, May 2nd. Students will be allowed to visit the trailer, which will be in the pit, from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm. Students must visit the trailer on a free period! The semi will feature:
Ground Mobility Vehicle Drive Simulator
AH6 Little Bird Simulator
Two Immerse Dome Stations
Army Careers Kiosk
Special Operations Wall of Heroes
Photo Ops Areas
Interactive displays include a parachute simulator, ground mobility vehicle, helicopter simulator, dual Immerse Dome simulators, multiple touch-screen monitors and a Medal of Honor kiosk.
– The parachute simulator allows visitors to strap into a harness and hang from the display van as part of a virtual reality skydiving experience.
Participants wear headgear that provides a view of the action as they descend on a drop zone.
– The ground mobility vehicle (GMV) is a team simulator operated by a driver and a gunner. The driver uses monitors to maneuver through a city while avoiding obstacles. The gunner wears a helmet with a display screen to identify and engage enemy targets.
– Immerse Dome displays engage participants in the action of Army Special Forces Operations. As you sit in a chair, domes lower to allow you to become immersed in the sights, sounds, and even smells, of Army Special Forces Operations. Videos include Special Operations Soldiers conducting various types of training.
– The touch screen monitors allow participants to navigate a myriad of Army career possibilities You can select from a list of jobs the Army has to offer and view videos of Soldiers describing their training and experiences in those military specialties. Also included is information on Army benefits, installations and educational opportunities.
– Static displays include mannequins dressed as a Diver with amphibious gear and as a combat ready Special Operations Operator with some the latest equipment and weapons used today.
– The Medal of Honor kiosk includes the bios and stories of Army Special Forces Soldiers and their outstanding service in war and peacetime operations. Their sacrifice often meant a choice between saving their own lives or those of their fellow Soldiers. We Will Never Forget These Brave Warriors.
The City of Bloomington and the Bloomington Golf Courses (Highland, Prairie Vista, and the Den at Fox Creek) are looking at positions for both grounds maintenance and in the clubhouses. These positions would be for the summer and then into the fall, targeting high school seniors who aren’t going away to school. The outside maintenance positions require the individual to be 18 years old. For clubhouse positions, the individual needs to be 19 years old because of the alcohol sales. To apply, students should use this link. The titles of the two golf jobs are: SNL PKS LABORER-DEN (GOLF MAINT LABORER) and GOLF ATTENDANT – PRA.
Scholarship applications for graduating seniors are now available in the Counseling and Main Offices. You can also access the application from the U High website. These applications are due in the Counseling Office by FRIDAY APRIL 28th. Please see Ms. Doellman if you have any questions.
This is a scholarship for incoming male freshmen to the University of Illinois. The scholarship recognizes men who have displayed outstanding leadership throughout their high school career. The scholarship is named for Johnny “Red” Kerr, professional basketball player, color commentator of the Chicago Bulls, and fellow brother of Phi Kappa Psi. Application Deadline: August 21st, 2017. For online application go to https://goo.gl/forms/6aPEG1oGDySnkpgC3.
This year we will present an award in the amount of $500.00 to two High School Seniors in the Bloomington-Normal area. Applications are being accepted for 2017 from now until June 1, 2017. Just log on to http://www.gastonmemorialscholarship.org to download and print a copy of the application form. Tell us why you should be the recipient based on what you have done to exemplify family, leadership and Community Service. Attach a copy of your letter of acceptance to an accredited college or university to your application. This years awards ceremony will be held at the Bloomington Public Library in the Community Room on Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. We have a wonderful speaker for the ceremony and light refreshments will be served. This event is open to the public. All applications must be postmarked by Tuesday, June 1, 2017, and returned to: Gaston Memorial Scholarship, Inc. P.O. Box 1795
Bloomington, IL 61702-1795. If you have questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your subject- GMS.
Four $1500 scholarships for a graduating high school senior who intends to be an agriculture educator. To be eligible for this scholarship, each applicant must be: An agriculture education major that will be completing their undergraduate degree in the fall of 2017 or spring of 2018. Their intention should be to become an agriculture instructor and be enrolled in an Illinois College or University. A family member of an IAW member is not eligible to apply. Please see the guidance office for application. The deadline is May 26.