- Our goal is that no student be stuck with a non-working computer for longer than a few hours. Most problems are solved in 15 minutes or less, but even more serious repairs, such as broken screens, are normally fixed the same day.
- For day-to-day help, students are encouraged to visit the tech help desk which is open several hours each day.
- For more advanced help, students can visit Mr. Kurz, our tech coordinator, in room 224 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All parts for our laptops are kept in stock. Our student techs can replace laptop covers, screens, touchpad assemblies, keyboards and bases usually within the hour during open help desk hours.
- Students are charged a flat fee for replaced parts (usually $25) and the school covers the rest of the charge (prices current as of the 18-19 school year).
- For severely damaged computers, repair costs are capped at $100 for the first incident.
- Students are responsible for the cost of any lost or stolen item up to its full value as spelled out in the laptop agreement.
- We do not provide loaners for any equipment, including laptops, power adapters or bags.